Avocado-stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- 8 small or 4 large portobello mushrooms
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 2 large California avocados, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp chopped fresh or dried rosemary
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 3 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- garnish: fresh rosemary sprigs
- Remove brown gills from the undersides of mushrooms using a spoon; discard gills.
- Remove stems, if necessary, and reserve for another use, if desired.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add leek and garlic, and saute until tender.
- Remove from heat, and cool.
- Stir together avocado and next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir in leek mixture.
- Press goat cheese evenly into mushroom caps; top evenly with avocado mixture.
- Sprinkle with walnuts, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Place on rack in a broiler pan.
- Bake at 400 °F for 5 minutes; cover loosely with aluminum foil, and bake 5 more minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe and Photo: recipes.wikia.com / CC BY-SA