Strawberry Muffins with Cream Cheese filling and Streusel Topping
For Cream Cheese Filling
- 4 ounces – Cream cheese
- 1/3 cup – Sugar
- 1/2 – Egg (about 2 Tbsp. beaten)
- 1/4 Tsp – Vanilla extract
For Streusel Topping
- 1/4 cup – All purpose flour
- 1/4 cup – Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp – Ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp – Firm unsalted butter
- 1 Cup – Whole milk
- 1/4 Cup – Oil
- 1 – Egg
- 2 cup – All purpose flour
- 1/2 cup – Sugar
- 2 Tsp – Baking powder
- 1/2 Tsp – Salt
- 2 cups – Strawberries, cut into small pieces
Cream cheese filling
- Beat the Cream cheese, sugar, egg and Vanilla in a small bowl and mix until smooth, set aside.
- Combine the flour, sugar and Cinnamon in a small bowl and cut in the butter until the mixture looks like coarse crumbs; set aside
- Preheat the oven to 400 F
- Whisk together the milk, oil, egg and sugar.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt and stir into the milk mixture. Be careful not to over mix (the batter will be slightly lumpy)
- Spoon a tablespoon of the muffin batter into each cup
- Add a sprinkle of the Strawberry pieces
- Add a tablespoon of the Cream cheese filling,
- Add another tablespoon of the muffin batter followed by another sprinkle of the Strawberry pieces and on top a final sprinkle of the Streusel topping.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes (at 400F), let cool in pan for about 5 minutes and serve slightly warm.
These muffin need refrigeration
Serving them slightly warm is the best
Recipe and Photo: Life Scoops / CC BY