Raspberry and Chocolate Banana Bread
- 2 cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chip
- 3 ripe bananas
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup kefir
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup raspberries, halved
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, baking soda, salt, sugar and chocolate chips. Set aside. In a separate bowl, mash bananas. Add in butter, eggs, kefir and vanilla. Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just combined. Do not over mix, batter should be thick and chunky.
- Toss raspberries in remaining flour then gently fold into batter. Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes, remove from oven and line edges with aluminum foil. Return to oven and bake for an additional 25-35 minutes until knife inserted into center comes out clean.
Recipe and Photo: Turning It Home / CC BY