- If making homemade noodles, make noodles before preparing vegetables. If using boxed noodles, prepare vegetables.
- Add green beans, asparagus, zucchini, and corn to boiling water. Boil until they start to become slightly soft, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, prepare an ice bath. Once vegetables are done cooking, transfer into ice bath with a spider whisk to stop them from cooking. Let sit for 3 minutes and transfer to a dry bowl or plate. Set aside.
- Start to make the creamy mushroom tomato sauce while water comes to a boil.
- Once boiling, add salt and pasta to water. Boil until al dente, about 5 to 8 minutes. Strain through a colander and set aside.
Creamy Mushroom Tomato Sauce
- In the now empty Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat.
- Sauté mushrooms and garlic until browned, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, red pepper, and pepper. Reduce heat to simmer and cover, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes have lost their shape, about 7 minutes.
- Add heavy cream and simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add reserved vegetables and stir, cooking until flavors have combined, about 3 minutes.
- Remove Dutch oven from heat and add cooked noodles, basil leaves, and lemon juice. Toss to coat evenly with sauce and vegetables. Let sit for 2 minutes to let noodles absorb sauce.
- Serve immediately with a lightly sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
If you want to make your own noodles, Make Better Food has a recipe that you can use, just click here to see it.
Recipe and Photo: Make Better Food / CC BY-NC-SA