Homemade Fried Mozzarella Sticks with Marinara Dipping Sauce
- 1 (16 oz.) bottle vegetable oil
- 1 lb. Mozzarella cheese, cut into 32 sticks
- 1/2 c. flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1-1/4 c. plain dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 lg. can whole tomatoes
- 1/8 c. olive oil
- 4 oz. tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. parsley
- 1 tbsp. basil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 c. grated Romano cheese
- 2 cloves garlic
- Heat oil to 370 degrees in electric skillet or heavy-bottom saucepan. In bag, shake cheese sticks with flour until well coated. In shallow bowl, beat eggs with water. In another shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs, seasoned salt and garlic powder.
- Dip floured cheese sticks, one at a time, in egg mixture, then roll in crumb mixture until well coated. Place cheese sticks on large baking sheet and chill one hour. Fry sticks 3 or 4 at a time in hot oil about 3 to 5 seconds or until golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Serve with the marinara sauce.
- Add all ingredients together. Simmer 20 minutes. Use immediately or transfer to plastic container for storage.
Recipe and Photo: Ordinary Food Made Gourmet / CC BY-SA