Coconut Sweet and Sour Chicken
- 1 pckg. organic chicken thighs.
- 1 13.55oz can coconut milk
- 1 4oz.. can Pineapple Chunks
- 1 bottle bbq sauce (your choice)
- 2 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. white pepper
- 2 splashes coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Wash chicken thoroughly
- Salt and pepper both sides of chicken
- Add chicken to hot pan.
- Add coconut milk and pineapple to pan. Mix it all together with chicken.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add garlic, white pepper, coconut aminos, Worcestershire sauce.
- Continue to boil.
- Add BBQ sauce and shredded coconut.
- Bring all ingredients to boil.
- Flip chicken over every few minutes.
- Bring temperature down to medium. Cover and let simmer until chicken is cooked through.
- Uncover and reduce temperature to a low simmer for 10 minutes. Sauce will thicken.
If you can not find coconut aminos, you can make something that tastes very similar. Combine 1 can coconut milk and 2 tbsp. red curry paste. Store the extra in your fridge for a few days. If you need to use the leftover before they spoil, just make a quick coconut curry stir-fry!
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY