For those looking to cut down on calories that come with the fries, here is a healthier alternative – Baked Potato Wedges. This can be served as a great side dish, snack or an appetizer and should keep your family munching on them until they all gone!
- 5 large – Baking potatoes, unpeeled
- 2 Tbsp – Olive oil
- 1 1/4 Tsp – crushed and minced fresh garlic or 1/2 Tsp – Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp – Dry Parsley
- 1 Tsp – Dry Oregano
- Freshly ground black pepper as per taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Clean and scrub the potatoes, cut them in half lengthwise, then cut each half in thirds lengthwise. You’ll have 6 long wedges from each potato.
- Place the potatoes in a bowl with the olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, parsley and Oregano. With clean hands, toss all the ingredients together, making sure the potatoes are well covered with oil.
- Spread the potatoes in a single layer with 1 cut-side down.
- Bake the potatoes for 30 to 35 minutes, turning sides after 20 minutes. Bake until they are lightly browned, crisp outside, and tender inside. Serve Hot
Recipe and Photo: Lifescoops / CC BY