- 1 Cup chickpeas, cooked
- ½ Cup olive oil… add more if required
- 3 – 4 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 Tsp red chili powder or cayenne pepper
- 2 Tsp cumin powder
- ½ cup roasted and powdered white sesame seeds or ½ cup tahini
- a few sprigs of parsley or coriander/cilantro
- Salt, as per taste
- Drain the cooked chickpeas in a colander. Keep aside until required.
- If you do not have tahini (sesame paste) in hand dry roast the white sesame seeds for 2 -3 minute or until aroma is released and then make fine powder.
- Put the cooked chickpeas, all the spices, powdered sesame seeds, lemon juice, salt and garlic in a blender. Blend to a smooth paste.
- Transfer the hummus to a clean bowl, with one hand drizzle olive oil over the hummus and with the other hand stir using wire whisk. Adjust the seasoning as per the taste.
- Serve the hummus with warm pita bread garnished with a drizzle of olive oil and parsley.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY