Recipe for Recipe for Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bread – I love anything with bananas and chocolate in it! Some of my friends are visiting this weekend from out of town, and this sounds like the perfect treat to have on hand.
Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bread
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/2 light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup ripe bananas, mashed (about 3 medium)
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray two 9×5 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, oats, both sugars, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, mix together buttermilk, eggs, butter, and bananas. Pour into dry ingredients and mix until well combine. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pans and bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
You can also use the batter to make muffins. I usually make one loaf and use the remaining batter for muffins. The muffins will need to bake about 20 to 25 minutes.
Recipe and Photo: Multiply Delicious / CC BY