Rustic Brie Toasts with Wild Mushroom Cranberry and Shallot
- 2 – 2 1/2 cups wild mushrooms of your choice (finely diced – I used oyster)
- 1 shallot (finely diced)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberry (juice sweetened if possible)
- 1 tsp fresh thyme (finely minced)
- 1 rustic baguette
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 wedge of beautiful brie cheese
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Start by pre-heating your oven to 350 degrees. While the oven is pre-heating, heat the olive oil in a sauté pan and add the shallot, diced mushroom, cranberry and thyme. Sauté for a few minutes until the shallot begins to wilt and then season with salt and pepper and set aside to cool.
- Slice 12 pieces of brie and place each piece on the bread. Follow with a spoonful of the cranberry, mushroom and shallot mixture and place on an oiled cookie sheet. Bake the toasts for 15 minutes or just until the brie melts.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY