Mini Zucchini Bacon and Cheese Bites
- 6 strips of Bacon (which ever you prefer), diced
- 1 White Onion, chopped small
- 3 1/2 cups Zucchini, grated with skin
- 1 cup Gouda Cheese, grated
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Sunflower Oil or Vegetable Oil
- 5 Eggs
- Salt& Pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup Melted Butter
- Plain Bread Crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375F
- In a saute pan cook the bacon until crisped and reserve.
- With 2 tbsp of the bacon fat, saute/cook the onion until transparent and reserve aside.
- In a bowl mix the zucchini, cheese, flour, baking powder, oil, eggs, bacon, onion, salt & pepper till well combined. Set aside.
- To prepare the 10 x 7 in. baking pan brush the melted butter all around inside and top with the bread crumbs. Make sure to cover all parts in pan.
- Pour the zucchini mixture evenly in the pan and bake for 45-60 minutes, until it is firm.
- After baked let it rest for 10 minutes before cutting into 2 in. cubes.
- Serve warm or cold.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY