- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups egg nog
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- dash nutmeg
- Medium Saucepan, combine heavy cream, egg nog, dash of nutmeg, and vanilla. Bring to a boil and then remove from the heat.
- Let it stand for about 15 minutes.
- Combine sugar and egg yolks in a medium bowl and beat with a whisk till yolks become a pale yellow color
- SLOWLY add the cream mixture, stirring constantly. Not too quick or you’ll have scrambled eggs.
- Pour mixture into 6 6-7 oz ramekins that are placed in a roasting pan. Once poured, transfer to a 325 degree oven and add hot water to 1/2 way up the ramekin for the water bath.
- Let bake till the outsides of the custard become firm but the middle is still jiggly, about 45 min.
- Put in the fridge till ready to eat, remove and let set for 10-15 minutes before using a torch to melt the sugar topping! Some people just like a tad bit of sugar, and some like the full teaspoon! However much you like, please make sure your container of brulee is safe to go under the broiler if you don’t have a tiny torch!
Recipe: Foodista / CC BY
Photo: thisreidwrites / CC BY