Deviled Crab and Cheese Biscuit Cups
- 3/4 cup whipped cream cheese spread (from 8–oz container)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup finely shredded mild Cheddar cheese (1 oz)
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions (2 medium)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup garlic and herb bread crumbs
- 3 cans (6 oz each) white crabmeat, well drained
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury Grands! Flaky Layers refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 16 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In small bowl, mix cream cheese, lemon juice, pepper sauce, Cheddar cheese, green onions, paprika, bread crumbs, crabmeat and celery until well blended.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits; then peel in half to make 16 biscuits. Press or roll each into 5-inch round. Place 1 biscuit round in each muffin cup; firmly press in bottom and up side, forming 1/4-inch rim over edge of cup. Place 2 tablespoons crab mixture in bottoms of muffin cups.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until filling is set and edges of biscuits are golden brown. Sprinkle each with chopped parsley; lightly press into filling. Remove biscuit cups from pan; serve immediately.
Recipe and Photo: Pillsbury