- 1 prepared pizza crust (yes, I know you could do homemade crust, but I wasn’t that adventurous, so I didn’t in this case)
- 6 tablespoons (approximately) of I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! buttery spread, divided
- 1/2 pound of ground sausage (I used turkey sausage)
- 3-4 pieces of bacon (I used turkey bacon)
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- 2 russet potatoes, shredded (for the hash browns!)
- 1-2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese (depending on how cheesy you want it)
- Salt, pepper, paprika, and cayenne pepper
- Gather your ingredients and get them ready. Preheat your over to 350 degrees.
- Properly wash and clean your potatoes. Grab a medium bowl and fill it with COLD water. Shred your potatoes over the bowl.
- This is the key to the hash browns… once you’re done shredding the potatoes, stir them in the cold water until the water is cloudy. Then, drain the potatoes, put them BACK in the bowl and cover them with cold water AGAIN. Stir the potatoes AGAIN until the water is cloudy (this removes a lot of the starch), then drain again and pat dry with a paper towel removing all the excess water.
- In a skillet, add 3 tablespoons of I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter (ICBINB) buttery spread and melt. I am being totally honest when I say this buttery spread is SUPER delicious and made cooking all the pizza toppings a BREEEEEEEZE.
- Put your shredded potatoes in the skillet on top of ICBINB. Add salt, pepper, paprika, and cayenne pepper to taste. Mix the spices in. Then, cook the potatoes over medium heat until brown on both sides. Brown, not burnt.
- In a separate skillet, add ONE tablespoon of ICBINB and cook your bacon.
- In a medium bowl, prepare your eggs for scrambling! I add approx. one tablespoon of milk to my eggs and blend well. This makes the eggs FLUFFIER!
- While all those toppings are cooking, melt one tablespoon of ICBINB in a small bowl. Then, with a pastry brush, brush the melted ICBINB all over your prepared pizza crust.
- When your hashbrowns (and other toppings) are done! Put them aside on bowls or plates.
- Now’s the time to scramble your eggs (do this last). It is KEY to leave your scrambled eggs running. DO NOT COOK THEM ALL THE WAY.
- Remove your runny scrambled eggs from the stove, and then spread on your prepared pizza crust.
- Add your toppings. Hash browns, bacon, and sausage.
- Once those are spread evenly, add your cheese. It totally depends on how cheesy you want it. I love cheese, so I added a lot.
- Then… toss that puppy in the oven! (NOTE: I did put my crust on a pizza stone, but you could certainly place it directly on the rack).
- Bake your pizza in the oven at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes (or until cheese is brown and melty).
- VOILA! You are ready to eat!
Recipe and Photo: The Molly Buckley / CC BY-SA (Be sure to visit Molly’s site to see step-by-step photos on how to make this recipe!)