Balsamic Chicken Spinach and Tomato Pasta Salad
- 1 (20-ounce) package cheese tortellini
- 1 pound skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 1 ½ cup Newman’s Own Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing, divided
- 1 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 cups firmly packed fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 ½ cups fresh cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- Place chicken in a zip-lock bag and pour 1 cup of balsamic vinaigrette in bag with chicken. Marinate for at least 2 hour, but best if marinated overnight. Take chicken out of zip-lock bag and discard marinade.
- In a grill pan, grill chicken breasts, about 5 to 6 minutes on each side until cooked through. Place yellow bell pepper slices in grill pan and grill about 2 minutes on each side. Once cooled, dice chicken up in small bites.
- Whisk together remaining ½ cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing and mustard in a small bowl.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Transfer pasta to a large bowl and drizzle with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil. Let cool 10 minutes.
- Toss together pasta, chicken, balsamic mixture, spinach, and remaining 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Serve immediately, or, if desired, cover and chill 1 hour before serving
Recipe and Photo: Multiply Delicious / CC BY