- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/3 cup soy creamer (you don’t have to use soy, but this is a tad healthier than heavy creamer 🙂
- 1 egg
- 1 cup apple (any variety will do, just look for something both tart AND sweet), diced
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy milk (you can use regular milk if you prefer)
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, cinnamon. Stir in creamer and egg until just combined. Fold in apple. Place liners in muffin pan and preheat oven to 350 degrees. Fill liners and bake about 30 minutes.
- Pour oil into skillet so that it is approximately 1 1/2 deep. Heat oil to 275 degrees. Carefully add cupcakes to oil and fry until brown- about 2 minutes. Transfer briefly to paper towels to absorb excess oil, then transfer to cooling rack.
- Make glaze by stirring milk and powdered sugar together in a small bowl. Drizzle over fritters.
Recipe and Photo: Vegan Feast Catering / CC BY