Roasted Butternut Squash Salad
- 1 medium-large butternut squash, seeded and cut into thick 1–inch slices
- salt and pepper
- 8 tablespoons of olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ medium red onion, sliced paper thin
- 1 clove of garlic, sliced paper thin
- 3 cups baby spinach
- handful of fresh oregano
- pinch of red chili flakes
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Season the squash with 4 tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Lay squash in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
- Bake about 20 minutes, until tender.
- Mix 4 tablespoons olive oil, vinegar, onion, garlic, herbs, chili flakes and salt and pepper – creating a marinade.
- Remove the squash once tender and pour marinade over hot squash.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes in the marinade. Toss with baby spinach and serve.
Recipe and Photo: recipes.wikia.com / CC BY-SA