Peach and Blueberry Cobbler
- 7-8 ripe peaches, washed, pitted and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 3-4 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. fresh grated ginger
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chilled butter, cut into chunks
- 1 cup cream or milk
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- In a large bowl gently toss peaches, blueberries, brown sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice. Transfer to a large casserole baking dish.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and sugar. Cut in butter until the pieces are small, about the size of a pea.
- Add milk and almond essence to the flour mixture and stir together until a soft and sticky dough forms. Scoop heaped spoonfuls of dough on top of the fruit mixture to form “cobbles”.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375 F for 40 minutes, or until the cobbler is golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before serving with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, frozen yogurt or a dollop of whipped cream.
Recipe and Photo: Little Toast / CC BY