Sinfully Delicious Bacon Blueberry Pancakes
- 1/2 Lb. Bacon, Cooked Crisp
- 2 C. Original Bisquick Mix
- 1 C. Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tbs. Sugar
- 2 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- 1 C. Fresh Blueberries (check for stems)
For the Blueberry Sauce:
- 1 C. Sugar
- 2 C. Water
- 1 1/4 C. Fresh Blueberries (check for stems)
- In a mixing bowl combine the Bisquick, milk, eggs, sugar, baking powder and vanilla. Mix well until fully combines, then carefully stir in the berries. Set aside the batter and heat your electric griddle.
- In the meantime, make the berry sauce, in a medium sized pot mix the sugar, water and berries. Cook over high heat and boil for about 15 minutes, after boiling turn the heat down to medium high and using a potato masher break up some of the berries to make a chunky sauce.
- Using the water and corn starch make slurry to thicken the sauce to the consistency you would like. Once you have reached your desired thickness for the sauce turn it down to warm while you cook the pancakes.
- Spray the hot griddle with some cooking spray, lay down a piece of bacon onto the griddle (we cooked 3 at a time). Ladle some batter over the bacon and cook the pancakes until the edges are dry and ready to turn once golden on the bottom.
- Flip the pancakes and cook the other side, serve the hot bacon blueberry pancakes with a drizzle of the fresh hot homemade blueberry sauce.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY