- 1 pound dried penne
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Poppy seed dressing
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- Place about 1/2 cup of poppy seed dressing into a plastic zip-top bag. Add the zest of one lemon. Place chicken in bag and marinate for 2 to 4 hours.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, until al dente. Drain well.
- Remove chicken and discard marinade. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat a large grill pan over medium high and add chicken. Grill until golden and completely cooked. Remove to a plate and allow chicken to rest for a few minutes before slicing.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes to a sauté pan with 3 tablespoons of olive oil and sauté until fragrant. Add the cooked pasta and turn heat off. Mix all together.
- Remove pasta to a large bowl. Add chicken to the warm pasta and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle in chopped parsley. Add the juice of 2 lemons and mix. Before serving top with parmesan.
Recipe and Photo: Whole Lotta Oven / CC BY