Crustless Cauliflower Quiche
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups cauliflower florets, cooked
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoon bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon sea or kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces Swiss Cheese, shredded
- 5-6 slices Bacon, cooked, crumbled (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Butter a 9-inch pie pan and sprinkle evenly with bread crumbs and Parmesan.
- Saute garlic in oil over low heat until fragrant.
- Arrange the cooked cauliflower over bottom of dish. Sprinkle garlic over top, then bacon if using, then Swiss.
- Whisk together the eggs, cream, milk, salt and pepper. Carefully and slowly pour over top of the cauliflower and cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until top is golden and set in the middle. Allow to cool 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve as a side dish or as a main with a green salad and a slice of crusty bread.
Recipe and Photo: recipes.wikia.com / CC BY-SA