Chocolate-Coffee Cake with Kahlua Sauce
- 1 3/4 Cups – All-purpose flour
- 2 cups –Sugar
- 3/4 Cups – Cocoa powder
- 2 Teaspoon – Baking soda
- 1 Teaspoon – Baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon – Salt
- 1 Cup – Buttermilk
- 1/2 Cup – Vegetable oil
- 2 – Eggs, at room temperature
- 1 Teaspoon – Vanilla extract
- 1 cup – Freshly brewed hot coffee
- Butter or shortening for greasing the pans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour the bundt pan.
- Sift the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt
- Whisk the buttermilk, oil, eggs, and vanilla.
- With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet in 3 batches.
- Mix in the coffee and whisk until the all the ingredients have been incorporated. The batter will be runny
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool in the pans for 30 minutes, then turn them out onto a cooling rack and cool completely.
To get the recipe for the Kahlua sauce and final assembly, visit Life Scoops by clicking HERE!
Recipe and Photo: Life Scoops / CC BY