Recipe for Cheesy Roasted Broccoli Patties – In an effort to get my boys to eat their broccoli, I created these patties. they loved them!
Cheesy Roasted Broccoli Patties
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- 1/2 onion – chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen broccoli – defrosted
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs – beaten
- preheat the oven to 400 degrees. lightly grease a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- heat the oil in a small pan over medium heat. add in the garlic and onions. season with salt/pepper to taste. saute until onions and garlic are tender. set aside to cool.
- add the broccoli to a kitchen towel. wrap the towel around the broccoli and squeeze out the extra moisture. pour the drained broccoli into a large bowl.
- to the same bowl, add the panko, the cooled onion/garlic mixture, the cheeses, eggs, and salt/pepper to taste (i used 1/2 teaspoon of salt).
- mix together and form into patties. place on the prepared baking sheet.
- bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. flip and bake for another 15 minutes or until browned and crispy.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY