Strawberry Coconut Cupcakes
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp almond extract
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- Egg substitute, enough to replace 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup strawberries, diced
- 1/4 cup coconut.flakes, plus extra for garnish
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup strawberries, pureed
- Sift together the cake flour,baking powder, and a pinch of salt.
- Combine the raw sugar,vegetable oil, vanilla, almond extract, and coconut milk.
- Beat your egg substitute and cream of tartar, until stiff peaks form.
- Combine the dry and wet mixture. After they are mixed well, fold in your egg mixture. Next add in the strawberries, and 1/4 cup of coconut flakes.
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake 25 – 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- When cupcakes are done, remove them to a rack and allow to cool completely. Once cool, mix together the powdered sugar and strawberry puree, to form a glaze. Dip each cupcake’s top into the glaze, then dip into extra coconut flakes to finish them up.
Photo Courtesy of, and Recipe Adapted from: Vegan Feast Catering on flickr / CC BY