Red Currant Cottage Cheese Cake
- 1 ½ cups soda cracker crumbs (use matza crackers if you can not find soda crackers)
- 1 cup granola
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup melted butter
- 1 Lb (460g) cottage cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 7 oz (200g) heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 10.5 oz (300g) red currants (Frozen or fresh)
- Mix together soda crackers, granola, sugar and melted butter. Bake in 9 inch spring form pan for 10 minutes. Allow to cool
- With a food processor blend the red currants until smooth
- In a medium bowl, beat together the cottage cheese and lemon juice until soft. Add whipping cream and beat with an electric mixer until batter becomes thick.
- Add the sugar and red currants and continue to beat until stiff.
- Pour into chilled crust. Chill several hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, remove the sides of the spring form pan.
Recipe and Photo: BAs Cooking / CC BY-ND