Orzo with Spinach Mushrooms and Bacon
- 1 Cup – Orzo
- 8 Oz – Baby Portobello Mushrooms, sliced
- 4 Cups – Fresh Spinach
- 1 – Onion, Chopped
- 5 cloves – Garlic, minced
- 4 slice – Bacon
- Pepper to taste
- Cook Orzo as per the directions on the box
- Add chopped Bacon to a heavy-bottomed frying pan, and sauté until crisp.
- Drain Bacon onto a paper towel and reserve the fat tendered from it to use for frying the Garlic and Onions. If you want a healthy version you might as well discard the bacon fat (but don’t regret it later) and add oil to the frying pan
- Sauté Garlic and Onions until they are translucent, then add mushrooms and spinach and cook for 5 minutes or until most of the water evaporates. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked Orzo and mix until everything has been incorporated well
Recipe and Photo: Life Scoops / CC BY