- 8 oz fresh pasta shells, or 6 oz dry pasta shells
- 1 1/4 lbs fresh spinach
- 1 lbs Chicken breast grilled and cut into 1“ cubes
- 4 cloves garlic, chop fine
- 1 tsp olive oil, or vegetable spray
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg or mace
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, grated
- Cook the spinach in the broth until tender. Drain and reserve broth. Mash out excess liquid.
- Cook Pasta.
- Preheat a saute pan or heavy skillet over medium heat, add the oil or vegetable spray and saute the garlic, stirring constantly, until it is white. Don’t allow it to brown.
- Add the spinach and nutmeg or mace, salt and pepper.
- Add the Chicken pieces to the spinach, stir and turn and add a small amount of the reserved cooking broth.
- Stir and turn the spinach until it is hot, adding broth as necessary.
- Remove Pasta and immediately drain. Add the shells into the spinach mixture and blend well. Serve immediately with Parmesan.
Recipe and Photo: recipes.wikia.com / CC BY-SA