- strudel dough
- butter to grease the pan
- confectioner’s sugar with vanilla flavor
- 2 lbs / 1 kg apples
- 2 – 3 tablespoons water
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter for greasing the dough
- Peel the apples, grate on the vegetable grater or slice very thinly and set to boil with 2 – 3 tablespoons of water, stirring continuously.
- When the apples have softened, add the sugar and let boil until they become like a paste.
- Remove from heat and let cool. When cold, add the cinnamon.
- Cut the strudel dough into pieces the size of the baking pan.
- Arrange 6 – 7 strudel leaves into the greased pan.
- Grease each and every leaf.
- Then put the apples in a uniform layer.
- Place another 6 – 7 individually greased strudel leaves on top.
- Bake until golden brown.
- Cut into squares while still in the pan.
- When the pie is done, cut into squares and sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar.
Strudel dough recipe can be found here
Recipe and Photo: desserts.wikia.com / CC BY-SA