Recipe for Strawberry Margarita Gelatin Mold – My friends and I were surprised how good this turned out! Given it’s versatility, I plan on several more margarita-inspired gelatin molds in the future.
Strawberry Margarita Gelatin Mold
- 2 packets Knox gelatin
- ½ cup water (for blooming)
- 2 cups water (for syrup)
- ¾ cup sugar (or to taste)
- ¼ cup lime juice (approx. 1 or 2 limes) with zest reserved
- ½ cup tequila
- ¼ cup triple sec
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- Put ½ cup of cold water in a medium bowl and sprinkle 2 packets of gelatin on top of the water. Set bowl aside.
- Put rest of water, sugar, and lime juice in a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a low boil until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and add lime zest. Let stew for 10-minutes. Strain the lime syrup and add to the bloomed gelatin. Stir until gelatin dissolves. Stir in tequila and triple sec.
- Put mixture in refrigerator (or freezer) until thickened to a soft gel consistency. It should be easy to stir but thick enough to hold the strawberries. Stir in strawberries and spoon mixture into mold(s). Put in refrigerator until set, at least 4 hours.
Recipe and Photo: The Modern Gelatina / CC BY