Bacon Cheddar and Eggs in Wells Focaccia
- 1 1/3 cups warm tap water (about 110 degrees)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons (1 envelope) active dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour ( I ended up using 1 more cup due to humidity)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 6 to 8 oz cheddar cheese, cubed
- 10 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese for the egg wells (a teaspoon per well)
- 2 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted, peeled, seeded and sliced (optional, or add your favorite vegetable(s)*
- arugula leaves (optional, or use your favorite greens)*
- 3-4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 medium or large eggs
- chopped chives
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a small bowl,water sprinkle the yeast over the water. Add the 3 tablespoons olive oil and stir.
*If you don’t want to add greens or veggies of any sort, top with extra bacon and cheese. Herbs would be nice too.
For full recipe instructions, visit Parsley, Sage, and Sweet by clicking here!
Recipe and Photo: Parsley, Sage, and Sweet / CC BY-ND