Recipe: Oreo Eton Mess
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 5 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 18 Oreos
- 2 cups heavy cream, chilled
- Place strawberries in a bowl and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar. Stir gently, then let set to macerate for about 10 minutes.
- Crush Oreos so that there are some coarse, bigger pieces as well as some fine crumbs. Place the heavy cream in a bowl and whip on high speed until foamy. Add 3 tablespoons sugar, then whip to stiff peaks.
- Gently fold in strawberries and crushed cookies. Serve immediately. Refrigerate any leftovers.