Recipe: Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Apple Butter Glaze
- 1 cup Musselman’s Apple Butter
- 2 tablespoons Vidalia onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or white cooking wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil
- 2 boneless pork tenderloins, trimmed (1 – 1.5 pounds each)
- In medium bowl, whisk together apple butter, onion, mustard and wine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In small sauce pan, bring apple butter mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Set aside a few tablespoons of the glaze to drizzle on the cooked meat before serving.
- Preheat grill to medium high. Brush pork with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Over direct heat, brown tenderloin on all sides, about 5 minutes total. Brush meat with glaze and, if grill allows, move to indirect heat. Turn every 5 – 6 minutes to prevent glaze from scorching, brushing occasionally with additional glaze. Cook meat to an internal temperature of 160°F (cooking time will vary from 25 – 40 minutes, based on thickness of tenderloins and type of grill).
- Remove from grill, brush again with glaze and let rest for 10 minutes. Slice into 1/2-inch thick slices, drizzle with reserved glaze, and serve immediately.
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Musselman’s