Recipe: Tropical Vacation Sundaes
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 4 scoops Strawberry-Banana Frozen Yogurt
- 1/3 cup roasted and salted macadamia nuts
- 4 maraschino cherries
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt brown sugar and butter, stirring constantly. Add orange peel and pineapple, bringing mixture to a boil. Reduce heat until gently bubbling. Cook and stir 10 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly. Remove from heat, cool 5 minutes.
- Stir in banana. Place frozen yogurt into serving bowls. Spoon 1/4 cup pineapple mixture over each. Top each with about 1 tablespoon macadamia nuts and 1 cherry. Serve immediately.
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Blue Bunny