Recipe: Rich & Charlie’s Chicken Spiedini
- 6 large cloves garlic, minced and divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch-wide strips
- 3/4 cup Italian-seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup ( 1/2 stick) butter
- Combine 2/3 of the garlic with lemon juice and oil in a self-sealing plastic bag. (Cover and refrigerate remaining garlic.) Add chicken to the bag, turning to coat. Remove the air from the bag, seal and refrigerate for 2 to 12 hours, turning the bag occasionally.
- Prepare a medium-hot fire in the grill. Thread chicken strips on skewers. Spread bread crumbs on a plate. Roll chicken in bread crumbs to coat.
- Grill chicken skewers for about 8 to 12 minutes or until cooked completely, turning halfway through.
- While chicken cooks, in a small skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add the remaining garlic; cook just until softened.
- Remove chicken from skewers. Drizzle with garlic butter and serve.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Recipe Courtesy of Rich & Charlie’s Italian Restaurant
Photo provided courtesy of Kitchen Parade