Roasted Garlic Parmesan Artichokes
- 4 artichokes
- 5 cloves garlic – chopped fine
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese or Romano cheese
- ½ cup Italian Parsley – chopped fine
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 cups Italian style bread crumbs
- 3 – 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Bring the artichokes to a slow boil with the lemon wedge added. Simmer on low until the leaves are tender; 15 -20 minutes.
- Drain and let the artichokes cool. When the artichokes are cooled pound them on the counter to open them up; then snip the tips of the leaves and the stems off.
- Combine the cheese, garlic, bread crumbs, red pepper flakes and parsley in a bowl. Stuff the leaves of the artichokes and place in a baking dish; drizzle the tops with olive oil.
- Preheat Oven 350 degrees:
- Bake the artichokes 30-35 minutes. Let cool a bit and serve.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY