Recipe: Eggless Brownies
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons melted butter or oil
- 1 cup buttermilk (or 2 tsp yogurt dissolved in 1 cup water wit
- 2 teaspoons tsp instant coffee, dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon chopped nuts of your choice
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips dusted in a little plain flour (optional)
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together and then add all of the wet ingredients. Mix thoroughly and transfer into a greased, lined tin.
- Bake at gas mark 4 for 20-25 minutes. Poke with a skewer- it should come out semi-clean for a fudgy brownie or bake for a little longer for a cake.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack.
- Allow to cool thoroughly for maximum chocolaty taste.
This recipe can also be veganized to make a perfect, dense and delightful brownie! For a vegan version, use 1 cup soy milk with 1 tbsp lemon juice mixed in in place of the buttermilk.