Recipe: Pizza Margherita
- Pizza dough:
- 3 1/2 cups (500g) AP flour
- 1/2 cups (350g) of fresh water
- 10g of yeast
- 1 tbsp of salt
- Pizza toppings:
- 4 ripe tomatoes in slices
- 2 mozzarella cheeses
- Some basil leaves
- Some good olive oil
- First we have to make the dough. Dissolve the yeast in the water, add the flour and finaly the salt. Knead until it´s robust and flexible. Put the dough in a warm place and wait until it rise. It must double its size. It takes about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven 450º F(330ºC). Divide the dough in 4. Form balls of dough. Take one ball of dough and flatten it with your hands on a slightly floured work surface. Starting at the center and working outwards, use your fingertips to press the dough to 1/2-inch thick. Turn and stretch the dough until it will not stretch further. Let the dough relax 5 minutes and then continue to stretch it until it reaches the desired diameter.
- Place the tomatoes, the cheese and the basil on the dough. Sprinkle with the olive oil.
- Bake pizza one at a time until the crust is browned and the cheese is golden, about 10-15 minutes.