Grilling is no longer just for summer. Spice up your grilling repertoire year-round with a Smokehouse Burger with Peppered Bacon and Cheddar that’s sure to please a crowd.
Recipe: Smokehouse Burger with Peppered Bacon and Cheddar
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco Original Red Sauce
- 4 ounces Cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger rolls
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Place bacon slices on rack positioned over baking pan and brush generously with Tabasco Chipotle Sauce. Bake for 8 minutes, flip, baste again, and bake until crisp about 8 more minutes.
- Combine beef, salt and pepper. Form into 4 patties and grill or broil to desired doneness, about 5 minutes per side for medium. Baste burgers with Tabasco Original Red Sauce and top with cheese.
- Serve burgers with melted cheese topped with bacon on rolls.
Here’s a list of items to consider when preparing for your grilling get-together:
Quick Fix – Using store-bought hummus or salsa, stir in some Tabasco Original Red Sauce to enhance the flavor and add an extra kick for a tasty side.
Meat Mix-Up – Use ground turkey or chicken instead of ground beef when making burgers for an unexpected change of taste and texture.
Made-Over Margaritas – Combine frozen strawberries, tequila, lime juice, sugar, Tabasco Original Red Sauce and ice for a refreshing strawberry margarita.
For more grilling recipes, visit www.Tabasco.com.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 40 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4