Recipe: Kaleidoscope Cookie Pops
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Round Comfort Grip Cutter
- Assorted Colors Cookie Icing
- Assorted Jumbo Sprinkles or other favorite
- Sugars and Sprinkles
- Cookie Treat Sticks
- Candy Melts candy (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. In large bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg and extracts; mix well. Do not chill dough. Divide dough into 2 balls. On floured surface, roll each ball into a circle approximately 12-inch diameter x 1/8-inch thick. Dip cookie cutter in flour before each use. Bake cookies on ungreased cookie sheet 8 to 11 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Cool cookies completely.
- Outline and fill-in cookie with Cookie Icing. Add zigzag border to some cookies. If desired, pipe alternating circles of colors onto cookie surface; immediately pull toothpick through icing from center of cookie to outer edge, pulling colors through. Or, arrange sprinkles and sugars on iced cookie surface. Let dry.
- Attach sticks to back of cookies with icing or melted candy. Let dry.
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Wilton Enterprises