Stars and Stripes Cookies
Recipe: Stars and Stripes Cookies
- 1 package (18 ounces) Nestlé Toll House Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar Dough
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 20 fresh, medium strawberries, sliced
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons Nestlé Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
- PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
- ROLL cookie dough to 1/4-inch thickness between two pieces of wax paper. Remove top piece of paper. Cut cookie dough into stars with 3-inch star cookie cutter. Transfer cookies to ungreased baking sheet(s). (If stars are too hard to remove from wax paper, refrigerate rolled dough for 10 minutes.) Roll remaining dough to 1/4-inch thickness; cut out additional stars.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. While hot, reshape and pat edges of each star back into shape with knife. Cool on baking sheet(s) 2 minutes; remove to wire rack(s) to cool completely.
- BEAT cream cheese and sugar in small mixer bowl until fluffy. Spread onto cooled cookies. Place strawberry slices onto each cookie pointing outward. Place 5 to 6 blueberries in center of each cookie. Top each cookie with morsels.
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Nestlé USA, Inc.