Recipe: Red White and Blue Potato Salad
- 1 pound small white potatoes
- 1 pound small red potatoes
- 12 ounces small purple/blue potatoes
- 3 tablespoons walnut oil or olive oil, divided
- 2 ounces chopped ham
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 8 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons sherry or white balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup finely chopped red or orange bell pepper
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Cut potatoes into 1 1/2 inch cubes. Steam for 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Heat 1 tablespoon walnut oil in a medium skillet. Add ham, walnuts, and garlic; sauté for 10 minutes.
- Add vinegar and stir well. Toss potatoes, ham mixture, remaining 2 tablespoons walnut oil, bell pepper, green onions, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Serve warm or cold.
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of United States Potato Board