Recipe for Quick And Easy Grilled Potatoes
Recipe: Quick And Easy Grilled Potatoes
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Seasoning of choice
- Wash and scrub the potatoes. Pierce each spud several times with a fork so they don’t explode in the microwave. Once they are scrubbed and pierced, put them in the ziplock bag and close it up.
- Cook the potatoes in the microwave. This is the secret. You actually are cooking them in the microwave and finishing them on the grill. Use your normal microwave baked potato directions. My microwave has a fresh vegetable setting that I use. During the cooking the bag may pop open. This is normal and ok. When done cooking, carefully remove the dangerously hot potatoes from the bag and place on a plate to cool off a bit
- After they’ve cooled, cut them in half longways. With inside parts up, spray them with the nonstick cooking spray. I prefer olive oil spray. Once sprayed, cover with seasoning.
- Place potatoes on the hot preheated grill with the seasoned side down. I then give the outer sides a quick spray to keep them moist. I grill them on medium heat with the cover closed for about five minutes. To conserve propane, grill the potatoes with your main dish’s final cooking time.
- Remove from grill and enjoy!
Recipe and Photo courtesy of rolltidehank / CC BY-NC-SA