Recipe: Mango Sorbet with a Splash of Tequila
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Zest from one lemon
- 3 ripe mangos (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- Pinch salt
- 3 tbsp tequila
- Heat the sugar, water, and lemon zest in a medium saucepan until the sugar has completely dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- Cut the flesh from the mangoes.
- Put the mango pieces, sugar water, lemon juice, and salt into a blender. Blend until completely smooth. Pour into a medium bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until completely chilled.
- When ready to put the chilled lime mango puree into your ice cream maker, mix in the tequila. Process the mixture in your ice cream maker according to the ice cream maker directions. Transfer mixture to a plastic storage container and freezer in your freezer until firm, at least 6 hours.
Number of servings (yield): 1 quart