Yogurt, lower-fat cream cheese and orange juice concentrate make this Rich and Creamy Orange Cheesecake Pie light and refreshing.
Recipe: Rich and Creamy Orange Cheesecake Pie
- 1 box Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 12 oz (from two 8-oz packages) cream cheese with 1/3 less fat (Neufchâtel), softened
- 2 containers (6 oz each) Yoplait® Original 99% Fat Free mandarin orange yogurt
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 (6 oz) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 box (4-serving size) cheesecake-flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 container (8 oz) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- Heat oven to 450°F. Remove 1 pie crust from pouch; unroll crust on work surface. Sprinkle with sugar. With rolling pin, roll sugar into crust. Place crust in ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate. Fold edges under; flute. Prick bottom and sides generously with fork.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese, yogurt and powdered sugar with electric mixer on medium speed about 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add orange juice concentrate; beat until well blended. Sprinkle pie filling mix over top; mix well.
- Reserve 1 cup of the whipped topping for garnish. Fold remaining whipped topping into cream cheese mixture until well blended.
- Spread orange filling in cooled baked shell. Refrigerate at least 1 hour until filling is set. Garnish with reserved whipped topping and, if desired, orange peel.
Recipe and Photo credit: Pillsbury